Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Did It!


Today I joined Blogomania.
It wasn't hard to set up. I picked a topic--what else? Animals. I'll focus on pets, but I'm open minded. No critter will be excluded if the story is good enough. As I go along, expect this blog to evolve. After all, I've got a lot to learn!
I'll start by telling you about my own two critters. My black mini-Schnauzer, Indy, is almost (gasp) 9 years old. He's my shadow, which also means I trip over him a lot.
Then there's the recently adopted rescue dog-in-a-kitty-body, Bogey. That's right, he thinks he's a dog. Bogey even wags his tail and tries to bark. This grey tiger stripe boy is 17 months old and apparently has plans to take over the world, so watch out for him!

I'd love to hear about your critters!

4 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Pat,
Great blog.
Our dog is Heidi. She is a lab-boxer-pit bull mix.
About this time last year one of our neighbors had a hand-printed sign on their front lawn that read: Free Puppies.
The grandkids and I checked it out and fell in love. There were two dogs--a male and female our neighbor had rescued from the Farmington area, where someone had abandoned them. They were stick-thin, covered in ticks, and not going to survive the winter. He brought them home, bathed them, fed them, and picked ticks off for a few days. He called them Jack and Jill. We took Jill and renamed her Heidi. She is the most amazing dog who always puts a smile on the faces of everyone in our house.
Sorry for the long post, but we feel Heidi was sent to us by something more than coincidence. And we are thankful for every day!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love your description of Bogey!

Pat Wahler said...

Heidi sounds like a sweetie, Donna. And yes, Linda, I've only scratched the surface on the unique personality of Bogey!

csebrell said...

Hi Pat,
Loved reading your blog, hearing about your critters, and having a chance to put a face to your name. My tall, dark and handsome cat - what a manly man is he - is Mr. Darcy. Black, muscular, and generous. Gifts me with squirrels and mice. He chooses to be an only cat, forcing out any sibling I have tried to bring home for him to play with. Forces out, as in chases them into the street. So, alas, I have given up on bringing him any buddies. He is a fierce protector of the house, and has been known to attack strangers who try to pet him. Remember the story of the Avon lady who was attacked by a cat and had to be taken to the hospital? Darcy brooks no nonsense, and I could easily see this happening. Seventh Day Adventists and Holy Rollers do not dare come to my door, so that is a definite plus. With me, only, is he affectionate. A one-woman cat who will never stray or be unfaithful.

Lynn