Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No Girly Dog Zone



Not a candidate for First Pet. (dooziedog.com)


As you may recall, a few weeks ago I wondered what dog the Obama family would choose to become the nation's First Pet. Apparently, the decision is the subject of quite a debate.

This morning I searched for new information. All I discovered was that the President-elect has definitely ruled out "girly dogs". Translation: Girly dogs are small, cute, lap sized pups. H'mmm. Aren't his two daughters girls? Isn't the dog for them? And how do they feel about this executive decision? But I digress.

I found a blog devoted to the Obama dog topic, and reading some of the older posts was pretty funny. The blog only started in November, so the archives are a quick (and entertaining) read. Check out the November blog entries-I love the New Yorker Magazine contribution. Hope you enjoy seeing some definite pup-pinions on the topic!

http://www.obama-dog.com/blog/2008/12/index.html

2 comments:

The Word Place said...

I'd be glad to volunteer Lady who is definitely NOT a girly-type! I'm not sure what she is except for the fact that she's all mine!

Anonymous said...

I did read something about the Obamas considering a British puppy and I was amazed. There must be so many dogs on your side of the pond looking for a home.