Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Friday, May 15, 2009

Reader's Choice




I'm just finishing up a novel by Elizabeth Berg called "Home Safe". It's a fairly quick read about a widow (who just happens to be a writer) and how she copes with her new life, a serious case of writer's block, a mystery surrounding missing retirement money, and her long-suffering adult daughter. Nothing critter-y about it unless you count the fact that she has a dog, but I am enjoying the story.

Are you reading anything good this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am poorly this week, so I am re-reading Dickens for solace, but I have a ton of new books to read when I am a bit better.

The Word Place said...

Just finished a Margaret Truman mystery--love her series and on-going characters Mac and Anabel Smith, who manage to solve multiple murders in and around Washington, D.C. They have a Great Dane named Rufus aka The Beast! LOL Now you know where I got it!

Donna Volkenannt said...

I just finished "Strong Enough to Die" by Jon Land. It's a fast-paced thriller about a female Texas Ranger.
Donna