Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Labs in Need




Coco and Cookie

I received an email today from a desperate pet owner. She writes:

"We are moving overseas in just 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have still not
been able to find a good home for Cookie and Coco. We're not able to
take our beloved doggies with us and I've been desperately trying to
find a home for both of them together. They were raised together
and pine without each other. The Lab rescue has already said that they
would probably separate them, so this is my last resort. Recently I
tried to take Coco out in my car alone and she TOTALLY refused to even
get into the car without Cookie......!!!! She absolutely pulled back on
her haunches until Cookie was by her side.

Both doggies are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips
implanted under the skin.

Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Coco turned 3 April 1st. Cookie is my
mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed.. Coco is adorably funny
and lives for her "ball." She also loves the water....... Cookie loves
lots of attention. Both doggies are loyal and love to walk. They have
been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and have
survived Sammy's constant hugging and love of dress-up, so they
are fantastic family dogs. This is by far one of the most difficult
decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no
choice.

Please, please forward these pics to all your friends. I want to find a
great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and it's
heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could
find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them. I
pray that someone, somewhere can help us keep Cookie and Coco together,
and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the bottom of
my heart."


If you are interested in adopting Cookie and Coco, please email me at K9friend1@sbcglobal.net

I will pass your contact information along to the pet owner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope these sweet dogs find a good home, together.

The Word Place said...

I hope they find a home together--surely there is the perfect home for them somewhere!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Pat,
They are adorable. I'm sure our lab Harley would love the company, but our household is already overflowing.
I've sent an e-mail about Cookie and Coco to my dog-loving friends, so maybe one of them will be interested or they know someone.
Donna

BECKY said...

I'll send out an e-mail, too! I'm such a dog lover and would love to add them to my home, but it's just not possible!