Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wintry Weather



We had a surprise white Christmas this year. Though the weather forecasters predicted rain, we were instead treated to a fine, light snow on Christmas Day. It made for some slick spots on roads and contributed to a few accidents, but all in all we were lucky. The snow sparkled prettily, but didn't bring any festivities to a screeching halt.

Indy is pictured above wearing his warm sweater, a hand me down from the very first Schnauzer I ever owned. I don't dress Indy to make him look adorable (even though, of course, he is). Since he's an older gentleman now, the sweater helps keep his joints from getting stiff in the cold. In fact, just after I took this photo, a blast of icy wind blew snow in his face, so he ran for the door at the speed of light with his legs slipping and sliding every which way. But now he's warm and dry, cozied up by my feet as I type these words.

The snow is still falling and makes me shiver to watch it. Ahhh, winter. I think it's time to snuggle under a warm blanket with a cup of hot cocoa and good book. Lucky me, I got several new ones for Christmas!

May this find you enjoying similar comforts!

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Pat! I, too, took a picture of my Tiger outside in the snow, just this morning. Now, if I can just get my darn photo thingy to work! I'm loving staying inside and watching the snow still fall lazily down at times, and at others, blowing and falling...so picture perfect! I'll also write about it on my blog! (How great to receive books for Christmas, too!)

Anonymous said...

Off the topic, but just have to say "Congrats" on your Saturday Writers win! Woohoo for you!

Bandit's Pack said...

What a darling little guy your Indy is! I clicked on his picture to enlarge it and he's so cute with all the snow in his facial scruff. Your plans for hot cocoa and cracking open a new book sounds heavenly. Enjoy!!

Ann Summerville said...

Wonderful picture. It's nice to be cozy with a good book.
Ann
cozyintexas.blogspot.com
www.annsummerville.com

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Pat,
It was a wonderful winter surprise we had.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Yes, there has been a bit of snow in Britain too, but it melted here on the Wirral very quickly, as it always does, thank goodness!

Tricia Sanders said...

My daughter's dogs loved the snow. The younger one ran around trying to eat all the snow in the back yard. The older one just walked around sniffing it and trying to roll in it.

Congrats on your win!