Friday, January 1, 2010
Image courtesy of justme56
Like many, I've been thinking about a fresh new year. It's the perfect time to forget about disappointments or regrets from 2009, and focus instead on what to accomplish in 2010. My thoughts on the subject follow, not necessarily in order of importance:
1. Keep my fingers busy writing more, thereby eating less, thus accomplishing TWO of my long term goals.
2. Exercise each day, even if it's only a walk around the block. That gets blood pumping, theoretically enriching the brain with oxygen. My brain could use some enriching...and my body could use some calorie burning!
3. Submit one piece per month to a contest or possible publication. Be persistent!
4. Layer, edit and polish my NaNo novel...a lot like climbing Mount Everest without the snow.
5. Spend some time at a good conference and regularly connect with writing friends. It's motivating to talk writing with other writers!
6. Try not to whine so much about retiring from my day job. I'm lucky to have one!
7. Spend some time each day reading a good book.
8. Enjoy the company of family and friends.
9. At least once a month learn something new.
10. Take time to pet the critters (my version of smelling the roses).
11. Be kind to other living things, no matter the species.
12. Use my money wisely.
Gosh, I thought I'd limit myself to only a few things, but the list just grew and grew, so I better stop here. Sounds like I'm going to be busy as is, doesn't it?
To help keep me on track, Critter Alley will be slightly modified in 2010. I'll be reducing blogs from Monday through Friday, to approximately three posts per week on any given day (sort of like surprise blogs) as time permits. Indy and Bogey have also been hired as occasional guest bloggers.
The two of them already have their heads together making plans, so, dear readers, heaven help us all.
Thanks for visiting Critter Alley in 2009. May we all enjoy a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2010!