Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

When Critter Alley first launched, it seemed impossible that we'd ever pass the 200 follower mark. But recently it happened. We have 203 followers! It's an exciting milestone, and I'd like to extend my most sincere thanks to each and every one of you.

But there's something even more important than that to celebrate today. It's Mother's Day.  Some of you will be fortunate enough to spend at least part of the day with your Mom.  Others, like me, will have a bittersweet visit with Mom through special memories.

It's strange the way things work out. So many years later, I can hear my mother's voice when I speak, catch a glimpse of her face when I look in the mirror, and see a hint of her sturdy, capable hands reflected in mine. Our moms are the role models from whom we learn our first lessons and acquire so many of our everyday habits...even the frustrating ones we wish we could change.  

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that most Critter Alley readers are "mom" to someone, whether through childbirth, adoption, marriage, or in one of those wonderful take-someone-under-your-wing-type relationships. I do hope that each one of you enjoys a beautiful and relaxing day.

And remember, if you're mom to a furry four-legger, don't you worry. It's Mother's Day for you today, too!


"Ruh-roh! Hey, Dad! We need to make an emergency shopping trip!"


16 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Happy Mother's Day, dear.

I love the last bit about the shopping trip!

Yesterday I had the very pleasant experience of spending time with both my human son and my furry one at the same time. What more could a mom want? :-)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Mother's Day - species be damned!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

the booker man said...

happy mother's day to you, miss pat!! oh, and i happen to think that doggies make the bestest kids, but then i'm a smidge partial. teehee. :)

*woof*
the booker man

Linda O'Connell said...

Pat,
A very happy Mother's Day to you too. I nearly cried at the reference to your hands. I was thinking the very same thing yesterday as I was studying my hands at a graduation ceremony. Time passes but the memories remain. Hugs to you and pats to your fur babies.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Happy Mother's Day, Pat! I, too, will be celebrating the day with my Mama through memories. I feel her with me every day, though. God bless, and enjoy your day!

Ann Summerville said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Congrats on the 200 mark, shows that your delightful blog is appreciated by many.
Ann

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.. AND CONGRATULATIONS ON 200+ FOLLOWERS.

That is grrrrreat!!!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Happy mother's day to you too!!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

YAY!!! thanks for including those of us that are just "fur moms" for Mother's Day!
Also...HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 203 followers!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
xoxo

Julia Williams said...

Congrats on your blogging milestone, and Happy Mother's Day!

Cattis said...

A belate happy Mother's day to you all. In Sweden all moms have to wait to the 29th of May.

Ryker said...

Thanks Pat. We had a very touching Mother's Day Bittersweet, fresh and painful but full of delight as well. Hugs to you,
Sandy

tubby3pug said...

Pet mom's day is the best!

Pup Fan said...

Pat, sending lots and lots of hugs your way. It was a bittersweet day for me too... the part about your hands was so familiar. Sometimes my mom comes to me in the most unexpected ways and moments.

Kapitein Haakje said...

HAPPY motherday!!!!

lots of hugs!!!

Happy sunny Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Tammy said...

I too loved the hand reference. Happy belated Mother's Day and congratulations on the followers!