Of course, cats are pretty darn happy critters, too.
Not to be outdone by his canine brother, Bogey thought long and hard. Then he put together a list of the top ten reasons for cat-tappiness. Here they are in no particular order. And Bogey says to tell you...you're welcome.
1. Allow others to demonstrate they love you. Reward them with purrs.
2. Factor play time into the day, but only for reasonable periods and when in the mood.
3. Keep a sharp eye out for interesting things and then find a way to
4. Show through enthusiastic meows or withering looks just what type of meals are expected.
5. Rise above anything so mundane as worries.
6. Turn ordinary things into exciting ones.
7. Take at least 24 power naps each day.
8. Don't wait for an adventure...make one.
9. Sometimes getting even is necessary to level the playing field.
10. Limping a little bit promotes extra TLC when you need it.
Well, there you have it. Two very different views on how to be happy. I suppose each have their points, so it's up to you to choose what works.
Meanwhile Memorial Day weekend is approaching, so please take a moment to remember those who fought for our freedom while you enjoy the official kick-off of summer.
Hubby insists we spend the long weekend at the river. No doubt we'll be quite well-baked by the time we return. Near record high temperatures (mid to upper 90's) are expected, and guess what? Our ancient and slightly creepy sleeping quarters features no air conditioning! Hubby, this time you've gone too far.
But never fear. I'll practice being happy while secretly mulling over the possibilities presented by Bogey's rules #9 and #10.