Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Double Dose of Wicked

Oh boy, take a look!
Pretty please can I go outside and get me one of those?
Bogey can't seem to stop fantasizing about the awesome hunting trip he'd have if I would only be so kind as to open the door. Bogey vs a 23-pound, hissing-with-fury Canadian goose. Who do you suppose would come out on top in that battle?

Thus the door remains closed, despite an abundance of evil looks and cat curses. I'm only saving you from yourself, Bogey. You're welcome!

Meanwhile, here's a bit of whimsy. A couple of weeks ago our family went to see "Wicked", one of my favorite musicals. In honor of the occasion, Creative Daughter decided to craft "cake balls" that represent the characters in the show. Take it from me, those little gems weren't only cute...they were wickedly delicious. And by the way, so was the show.





12 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh boy! Bet they tast like chicken
Benny & Lily

Ryker said...

I think you could get some wicked photos if you let Bogie outside!

GOOSE said...

I'd say Bogey would have a chance if it was one, but 23 that is another story. It is for the best Bogey.
Blessings,
Goose

animal lover, quilt lover said...

You are a good Mom Pat!!!

Unknown said...

Bogey what can we say? I too have cruel peeps. I am not allowed to go and chase foxes. Spoil sports. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

Bogey doesn't really have to catch one to be helpful. All he needs to do is give them the ole "nothing to see here folks" and "GET OFF MY LAWN" message.

Peg and me

Sketching with Dogs said...

Bogey, take my word for it, those tweety-pie's are too big for you!
Wow, your daughter's cake is brilliant!
Lynne x

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Those geese are mean. Better to leave the door shut! Mommy had a goose chase after her once when she was younger -- I didn't think Mommy could ever run fast, butt Mommy says -- when a goose is chasing you -- you get superstrength power and you reach lightening fast speeds!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Great capture of Bogey mowing like mad to get out. Mom says she remembers as a small child being chased by geese - frightening recollection she says :O

Luv the wicked treats. Very talented daughter you have there :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Bogey knows he's a tiger on the inside. LOL Our Luna sits by the kitchen window and makes clicking noises at the bird feeder. We have 3 cats, all indoor, and the birds know they're safe so they come in droves. Luna pleads with us much as Bogey pleads with you. The answer is always the same. No! Although I think Luna stands a better chance against a couple of cardinals than Bogey does against those geese.

Ann Summerville said...

Amazing sight. We were out walking the other day and came across a field of wild turkeys - we counted nearly 30 of them. Love the cake balls, very artistic.
Ann

Lynn said...

Poor Bogey. Reminds me of my Smeag who whines all the time to go out. Those cake pops look YUM.