Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Thursday, November 13, 2014

NaNo Update













It's late. My eyes are bleary and my fingers are tired. Indy is curled in a little knot asleep at my feet while Bogey has commandeered my lap (and part of the keyboard).

Why do people participate in a mass group writing marathon like NaNoWriMo? Could it have something to do with being competitive? For me I suspect so. The question "What's your word count today?" has become my favorite phrase. And as soon as I hear what someone else has done, my petty little self sneaks back in to type more words because then I wrote more than they did.

It's the end of Day 13 and here's where I stand: 32,023 words.

Please don't tell me where you are. I'm too tired to stay up any later.

10 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat---I have soooo much word-count envy, I am going to sneak into your house and spirit away your computer... for just a week or so.

Congratulations. I think I'm stuck in the NaNo tar pit... and I can't get out.

Linda O'Connell said...

Kudos to YOU! I know it's not a novel, but I am submitting my seventh freelance piece today, and hope to keep up the pace this month, if that matters.

I would also be apt to sneak in and add to the competition :)

Unknown said...

Way to go, Pat. Keep chugging!

Ryker said...

You go girl! Nano nano!

Ann Summerville said...

As you wrote this yesterday, I'm assuming it's safe to give you my word count - I hit 35,000 today. Hopefully, we'll both be eating Thanksgiving dinner with our NaNo certificate safely in the bag.
Ann

Lynn said...

Good for you! Keep going!

Tammy said...

Whoa! Impressive word count! You're almost there already. I'd say you're winning this one.

Anonymous said...

Amazing Pat. I don't think I have even spoken that many words this month! You go girl!!
Peg and me

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Wow!! Good luck on the final half!!!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Congrats on your word count! That's awesome! Keep going, Pat!