Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Today is the inauguration of the first African American president of the United States. It's an historic day, and one that people numbering in the millions are flocking to witness. I wish them all well, as I plan to observe the festivities from the warmth and comfort of my own little house. I'll bet that I have a better view than most, too!

There was a press release from the Humane Society urging inaugural attendees to leave their pets at home for safety reasons. There'll be an awful lot of feet that could easily tread on a small paw or long tail. So as far as critters go, expect to see only police horses, K-9 units, and service dogs. The Humane Society will have a station at the National Mall in the event of any animal emergency.

I hope the new president enjoys the celebrations today, because tomorrow he's really going to have his hands full. He's got a big job ahead of him.

May he do it well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looked very cold at the inauguration, so I hope people heeded the call to leave pets at home!