Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Day


Today is Martin Luther King Day. I'm off work and sitting at my computer reading biographical information on Dr. King. While I found lots of interesting tidbits, there was no mention of the King family having pets. No dog? No cat? Not even a bird? I couldn't unearth a single such detail. So I have no incredible critter discovery to share about Dr. King. But I did learn a few things. For example, he's the only private citizen ever to be honored through a national holiday. On the eve of another historic day, it's fitting to consider the sacrifices of Dr. King, as well as others who participated in the early days of the civil rights movement.

Bogey watches me from the window as I write these words. He's waiting for me to sign off as it's his favorite time of day and he's growing impatient. He gets a small dish of canned food as a special treat and his internal clock tells him I'm running behind.

It's not good to annoy a cat.

2 comments:

The Word Place said...

Lady also has an internal clock that tells her she must eat 24/7. And if I do not provide what she wants when she wants, she will take it herself. Today I popped a chicken pattie into the oven for lunch and laid out a bun and a piece of cheese for when it was done. When I went back, both were gone. . .only a guilty canine who, at 80 lbs. is LONG way from starvation, who gets her meals on time and her treats at regular intervals, and who knows when she has been a bad, bad, girl! I shook my finger at her and told her so! Does Bogey need a friend?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Barkley is a perpetual eating machine too, but he doesn't steal food at all, which I gather is most extraordinary for a dallie.

He did steal Tom's hot chocolate once, but we had left the mug on a low coffee table and he just could not resist.

It was a hoot. He turned to us, his muzzle still dripping and then he looked at the lake of hot choc on the table and back at us as if to say,
'however can this have happened?'

We were so amused we didn't even tell him off:)