Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cure for Writer's Block



Want to place an order?

If you're searching for the perfect gift to give a writer friend, how about some new stationary? Words should move out swiftly when written upon this lovely paper made from elephant dung.

Yes, I said elephant dung.

Elephant Poo Paper is produced by collecting the dung (chock full of fiber due to the elephant's vegetarian diet) and rinsing it until only fibrous materials are left. It is then boiled and desired colors are added, along with a little more fiber from pineapples and banana trees for extra thickness and strength.

The wet fibers are spread over a wire mesh tray and left in the sun to dry for a few hours. Then peel it off, and, voila, you've got elephant dung paper!

By the way, we're assured the paper is "scent-free" in this ultimate waste-not, want-not product!

Oh, and if you prefer, panda dung paper is also available. : )

2 comments:

The Word Place said...

Ummm. . .where do you come up with these fascinating tidbits? Elephant Poo Paper? Oh, my, my, my! I'm not rushing out to buy a package this instant, but I'll have to admit the whole idea is thought-provoking.

(I always look forward to reading your blog, btw, because you always have something new and interesting to present!)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Whatever will they think of next?:)