Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Critter Creative Poetry



Marcel Toussaint

Sunday we made our monthly gathering at the Don Wiegand Studios. I'm happy to report that though there's still work to be done, progress is happening to save his home and studio, which I'll update on a later blog.

One thing about Don's place is you never know who you'll meet. This time, I was introduced to a French poet named Marcel Toussaint. We discussed a book signing planned for his recently released autobiography, "A Poet's Life" scheduled for August 7.

Coincidentally, I discovered that Marcel is acquainted with Dr. Michael Fox, the holistic vet and syndicated columnist. I've used Dr. Fox's homemade dog food recipe for years and its helped my auto-immune challenged dog, Indy immensely.

Turns out that Dr. Fox and Marcel work together to bring poetry to animal lovers. There is a section on Dr. Fox's website that includes animal poems by both Dr. Fox and Marcel. The public can also submit poems for website publication (alas, no pay). Marcel reviews each poem, which upon his approval, will be published on Dr. Fox's website.

So if you're a critter poet or just plain like to read critter poems, be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

The Word Place said...

An interesting encounter! BTW, I checked out and bookmarked the page for future reference! Thanks!