Friday, September 18, 2009
Another Weekend in Paradise
Photo by dkiefer
It's the day I spend all week anticipating...Friday.
On weekend eve, I prepare my list of to-do's. Right now it looks something like this:
1. Grocery shop (Do I look like someone who knows what I'm cooking next week?)
2. Run errands (We're out of toilet paper again?)
3. Prepare food and prizes for a family picnic (See tasks #1 and #2)
4. Clean house (More work than putting beads on a string with no knot)
5. Get car checked (I hate that pesky battery light)
6. Do laundry (Do two people live here or an army?)
7. Help hubby choose new cell phone (A disagreement just waiting to happen)
8. Celebrate son-in-law's birthday (It's going to be a long Friday night)
9. Write something creative (Wait a minute, don't have time for that unless you count this blasted list)
At some point I hope to enjoy a few blissful moments of relaxation with a special pal.
Is that too much to ask?
Don't know...but I'm askin'!