Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Friday, September 18, 2009

Another Weekend in Paradise



Photo by dkiefer


It's the day I spend all week anticipating...Friday.

On weekend eve, I prepare my list of to-do's. Right now it looks something like this:

1. Grocery shop (Do I look like someone who knows what I'm cooking next week?)
2. Run errands (We're out of toilet paper again?)
3. Prepare food and prizes for a family picnic (See tasks #1 and #2)
4. Clean house (More work than putting beads on a string with no knot)
5. Get car checked (I hate that pesky battery light)
6. Do laundry (Do two people live here or an army?)
7. Help hubby choose new cell phone (A disagreement just waiting to happen)
8. Celebrate son-in-law's birthday (It's going to be a long Friday night)
9. Write something creative (Wait a minute, don't have time for that unless you count this blasted list)

At some point I hope to enjoy a few blissful moments of relaxation with a special pal.

Is that too much to ask?

Don't know...but I'm askin'!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very busy lady, Pat! Here's hoping you manage a little 'me' time this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling Pat! Between volunteering, school, family, just where do I fit in? Hope you do find time to relax somewhere this weekend!

The Word Place said...

My condolences. . .honestly. . .even with my empty nest, I often find I have more chores than hours in the day!
Hope you have a good weekend and do at least ONE thing just for you!

Morgan Mandel said...

Gee, I wonder how many items you were able to cross off your list this weekend.

Mine still has too many items to go!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com