Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Thursday, September 10, 2009

See Bo Chew



Photo from Daniel's Photostream

If you've ever had a puppy, I'll bet this photo (or something similar) is a familiar sight.

Puppies live to chew, a requirement of all those itchy little puppy teeth. Providing acceptable chew toys is important, but isn't a guarantee to save the day (or the shoe).

If it makes you feel any better, my latest reading on Bo, the First Dog, indicates that he's doing his share of chewing in the White House. Tennis shoes, magazines...if he finds it he will chew.

It's almost a relief to hear. If all the White House staff, Secret Service, and combined efforts of the Obama family can't prevent a few chewing accidents, well, my past history of pups who have destroyed everything from shirts, underwear, sox, books, furniture, Barbi dolls, and just about anything else you can imagine, doesn't sound half bad, does it?

I wonder...if young Bo eats something that requires a swift trip to the vet, could help with veterinary care insurance come next?

With my vet bills, I'll take all the assistance I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed! Thank heaven for pet insurance. We have already spent the British equivalent of about $1,500 on Barkley's vet bills this year, but fortunately for us we are getting every penny back from the insurers.

The Word Place said...

Lady chewed a great deal when she first came, mostly out of nervousness, I think, but she has stopped. I tried to give her things to chew on that were healthy and also not MINE! LOL