Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNo Update



I've been writing hot and heavy. And...drum roll...as of Tuesday, my word count reached 10,431!

Now that sounds pretty cool until you look on the NaNo website and see many others who have far surpassed me (that is if you can get on the website--it's pretty overloaded with manic writers).

Turning off my internal editor has been the key to success so far. Reminder to self: NaNo is all about quantity, not quality!

I know I'll slow down as the month wears on because of prior commitments and the holiday, so I really need to produce now.

By the way, it helped tremendously to have a basic outline (which I admit to straying from a bit) and character sketches completed before November 1.

More to come in a few days.

Write on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Pat! You are going great guns on Nano and I am enjoying your support as I make progress too. It really helps having friends doing it too.

The Word Place said...

You and Linda are leaving me in the dust! cough cough cough

Le sigh...I press on.

Tricia Sanders said...

Awesome... There's always time for editing later.

Ann Summerville said...

I have been watching your progress and wonder if you have been stopping to sleep and eat. Great going. I too wrote a basic outline but have found that my story is going in a different direction. It's fun to just see what ends up on the page.