Monday, March 28, 2011
The Award of Untruth
Many thanks to Lisa over at Writing in the Buff. She has been kind enough to send me this prestigious award designed specifically for writers of all things fictional...better known as the Liars Club.
My task is to tell four truths and one lie about myself. You, dear readers, are given the job of deciding which statements are truth, and which one is the fib. Here goes:
1. One of my dogs appeared on television four times, once while held in the arms of a well known local weather forecaster. The weatherman's efforts to report on upcoming conditions were utterly foiled due to losing the ensuing wrestling match with my squirming, uncooperative pooch.
2. My parents bought me a horse for my tenth birthday. He and I logged more than 1,000 miles of trail riding together before I went away to college and had to sell him.
3. And speaking of horses, I once got to ride with the Cow Town Posse in Texas, running a barrel race on a rodeo horse valued at over $10,000.
4. My very first dog was imaginary. He lived under the kitchen table and was partial to scraps sneakily delivered to him straight from my plate.
5. I had two goldfish who died during a thunderstorm. Having the bowl close to a window during a highly charged electrical event is apparently fatal to goldfish health.
There you are! My four truths and a lie, all critter-related, of course. So let's see how good I am at writing fiction. Do you know which statement is a fib and which are the truth? All will be revealed in a few days.
Now I must pass along this task to four other blogs. Since that job is even more difficult than the original challenge, I have chosen to select the first four blogs on my Blog Roll List for this honor. However, that will be tricky to determine since the order of the list literally changes from minute to minute.
Hey, fiction is all about surprises, isn't it?