Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Buyer Blues









After months of navigating websites, visiting dealerships, examining offers, and developing a minor ulcer in the process, I may have purchased a car. The old vehicle has served me well for 10.5 years and over 132,000 miles. But it's time for her to retire.

This evening I signed on the dotted line, put down a deposit and will find out tomorrow whether the vehicle I chose is still available. Confirmation has to come from a different dealership where the potential new car currently resides. It seems that these days buying a car is practically as daunting as buying a house.

Now I sit and wait in a state of slight nausea as I ponder two possibilities.

What if I don't get it?
What if I do get it?

I suspect either scenario is not going to much improve my stomach's well-being.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Get it get it
Benny & Lily

Sketching with Dogs said...

I am exactly the same - except I do it with practically every decision, LOL.
Hope you are happy whatever happens!
Lynne x

Unknown said...

Good luck and we hope you get it. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH BOY. A new car is always SOOOO much fun..

Ann Summerville said...

It sounds like you have too much time to think about it. Good luck with your new car. I had to laugh at your mileage. I must lead a boring life, my car is 8 yrs old and I have 42,000 miles on it!!!!
Ann