Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Monday, March 30, 2015

Gift Giving for a Tree Dweller

While in the midst of a recent shop-til-you-drop excursion, I ran across an item that caught my eye. It wasn't something for me, for Hubby, for Indy, for the house, or even for friends. It was for Bogey. Something I knew that if he was with me and he could talk, I'd hear him yowl, "I'd give my right paw to have one of those, Mom."

The price was right and Daughter's big SUV sat waiting in the parking lot. I couldn't help but pull the trigger. Here's the new acquisition. 

   












































It's said that cats are either tree dwellers or bush dwellers. Bogey is most definitely a tree-type cat. He loves to be above the stomping grounds of mere mortals. Since the new addition is two leaps higher than the old one, he's been purring in ecstasy. I'm glad Bogey is happy. Because there's one other item I purchased for him during my shopping trip.










11 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Let me know how high Bogey leaps when you start up that de-shedding machine.

That carpeted condo looks luxurious.

A Tonl said...

That looks like our Costco deal last summer. We three LOVE it!

Saku said...

Love the cat tree! My cats have one and they rarely use it. I moved it away from in front of the window and they used it more, but as I speak one is in a box on a stool by the window, one is curled up on the couch, and the other is snuggled in beside me on my chair.

As for the furminator, I love it. Sami is my shedder and I get a small kitten every time I use it on her (and she purrs through it all). Sasha loves it too, but Saku is less appreciative though he doesn't run and hide.

Hope it works for Bogey too!

Mary Horner said...

My cat needs one of those. She is jealous!

Unknown said...

Looks like a hit and certainly well appreciated. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

Ann Summerville said...

That's a look of contentment. I wish I'd had one of those for my cat, she got very frustrated with the dogs and could have escaped to higher ground.
Ann

Two French Bulldogs said...

That fur puller works so well
Lily & Edward

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

My friend's cats all Adore their kitty condos! Glad Bogey likes his!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You lucked out! I've priced those for my cats a few times, but they're so expensive. Every so often I look on Craig's list---one of these times I'll find one at the right price.

We have a Furminator. Best invention ever. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like Bogey is really enjoying his new cat tree. Purrr-fect gift!

Tammy said...

That is one happy and lucky tree-dweller. The look on his face will have me smiling the rest of the evening.