Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

You Say Potato and I Say Potah-toh

Tonight starts the first night of Fall bowling. Why it's called Fall bowling is a mystery to me. Every- Month-of-the-Year-Except-June-and-July bowling would be more accurate. But I suppose that's a potato/potah-toh kind of thing.

No matter the name. It will be interesting to discover what happens when I lace up my bowling shoes. After two months of no practice, having a bowling ball in my hand could prove to be dangerous for anyone near me. Perhaps it would be wise to wear a warning sign.

Things are interesting at my house. I've been dog sitting for both my kids this week. Even though the dogs do generally fine, in loyal doggie fashion they always listen for "Mom" or "Dad" to come back and take them home. 

Ever vigilant, Brady watches the door.
















Tinker Bell does, too.
















And there's one other critter at my house who also will be extremely pleased to see Mom or Dad arrive.
















They eat my food and scavenge my litter box. The scent of cat poo breath is making me gag. When will those filthy barking beasts go home


8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I had to laugh out loud at this. Our cat has been taunted by a chipmunk outside the window all morning. Every time we leave, the cat cocks his head as if to say, "Are you coming right back?

Two French Bulldogs said...

Stay away sign sounds better BOL
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Ah, yes...ye ole litter box as an appetizer bar. Gak! As to the bowling, good luck! I like to bowl, though I've never been any good at it.

Tammy said...

Just when I think your pictures are worth a thousand words, I read your pithy prose and am entertained all over again.

Saku said...

Poor kitty! And blech kitty poo breath.

Good luck with the bowling.

Ann Summerville said...

As much as I love puppy sitting for my son, he has a lot of energy (border collie). I'm getting used to having a petless home these days.
Ann

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm sure Bogey subscribes to the philosophy that houseguests are like fish. Do they start to stink after three days?

I'll bet Bogey was thinking, 'Go home! Now!'

Unknown said...

Sounds like it really is critter alley over at Critter Alley ;) Cute pics, laugh-out-loud commentary. Enjoy fall bowling, Pat.